Skills for Growth 2023 – Putting business at the heart of skills
The Department for Education and the Department for Business and Trade are hosting the Government’s inaugural ‘Skills for Growth’ conference in June 2023. Confirmed speakers are:
- Secretary of State for Education - The Rt Hon Gillian Keegan MP
- Secretary of State for Business and Trade - The Rt Hon Kemi Badenoch MP
- Minister for Skills, Apprenticeships and Higher Education - The Rt Hon Robert Halfon MP
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State - Kevin Hollinrake MP
- Government Adviser on Skills Reform - Sir Michael Barber
- Chief Executive Officer of Travis Perkins PLC - Nick Roberts
- Thames Water Exec Director, Strategy and External Affairs - Cathryn Ross
- BAE Systems PLC, Chief Operating Officer - Ian Muldowney
Technical education, including high-quality apprenticeships, has been transformed in recent years. We need to ensure that our skills offers ignite the innovation, creativity, and talent that our business leaders demand. We believe that skills are the catalyst for both greater economic prosperity, and for giving individuals the opportunities to showcase their expertise and capabilities.
Your insights and involvement will be crucial to boosting greater understanding and action to tackling challenges such as skills shortages, and creating the world-class skills employers need to gain an advantage today.
Significant numbers of enlightened employers already have impressive stories in this arena. Many businesses are tackling these issues as part of the social pillar of ESG.
We want the conference to powerfully demonstrate how we can do more on skills together. Apprenticeships, T Levels, Higher Technical Qualifications are all key pieces in the skills jigsaw. Connecting greater numbers of employers and ensuring the endorsement of business leaders can truly galvanise our high-performing employers.
The conference will be structured as follows:
- 12pm: Lunch and networking within exhibition
- 1pm - 2.15pm: HR Directors or equivalent session
- 2.15pm – 2.45pm: Networking within exhibition
- 2.45pm - 4.15pm: CEO session
- 4.15pm onwards: Networking within exhibition
We are delighted to announce that we will be joined by WorldSkills UK to provide an engaging and interactive exhibition event, featuring a range of different employers, showcasing their skills offer.
More high-profile speakers will be announced shortly.
You are invited to register up to two delegates from your organisation to attend this event as part of a selected group of high profile business leaders. To access the registration form please click on the Register button below.
Please check back for registration information.